Buy the Book
Until now, little has been written about this US Army Post which has its origins in the US Civil War. In fact it is believed that this is the first book about a place noted for many events, people and more that have had an impact on the United States and the world. Researched and written by John Michael, the book reaches back to the 1860s when it was first built, then known as Fort Whipple. With over 200 historic photographs, a first time published note from Abraham Lincoln, the pages takes the reader through the first one hundred years into the 1960s.
From the Signal Corps School to Cavalry Showcase to Society Circus … Learn about the impact of George S. Patton, the role of the 3d Cavalry “The Brave Rifles”, US Army Band – “Pershing’s Own” and US Army 3d Infantry – “The Old Guard” telling photos provide insights to the history of the only of the 68 Civil War forts still protecting the City of Washington DC over 150 years later.
The book is available from several different sources including directly from the author.
The book is available NOW!
Buy from the Author
- From the Author See below for Inscribed & autographed books
- Inscribed and Autographed
If you prefer, you may order an inscribed and autographed copy of the book “Images of America – Fort Myer” directly from the author. The book will be shipped to you with the requested inscription and autograph.
- John Michael on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- Happy 150th Ft. Myer, VA | A | I on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- Don Krapohl on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- John Michael on When the US Army Moved by Horse
- Tina Garcia Slagle on When the US Army Moved by Horse