It was an honor to present to The Lincoln Group of Washington DC and provide them an insight to The Lincoln – Whipple Connection…
General Amiel Weeks Whipple and President Abraham Lincoln had a great
friendship that most people are unaware.
Whipple was summoned East when the US Civil War broke out and became assigned to General McDowell’s staff as an engineer. His career continued to rise from the major accomplishments this move initiated.
More will be shared on the Lincoln – Whipple connection in 2013.
In the meantime a hats off and thank you to the Lincoln Group for having me address their distinguished group!
Leave a comment
- John Michael on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- Happy 150th Ft. Myer, VA | A | I on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- Don Krapohl on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- John Michael on When the US Army Moved by Horse
- Tina Garcia Slagle on When the US Army Moved by Horse