“ … Fort Myer includes over 200 timeless photographs. It is definitely worth a perusal.”
- BG Creighton W. Abrams, Jr USA (Ret.) in “ON POINT” The Journal of Army History
The Army Historical Foundation publishes an outstanding magazine – “ON POINT” Each issue is packed with great articles and information about the history of the US Army. The purpose of the foundation is to build the National Museum of the US Army which will be located outside of Washington, DC within the US Army’s Fort Belvoir acreage off of Interstate 95.
The Summer 2012 issue of “ON POINT” contains a fine review of “Images of America – Fort Myer” (the links will open in a new window) written by BG Creghton W. Abrams, Jr. USA (Ret.), the Executive Director of the Army Historical Foundation. It is truly an honor to be selected to appear and have a rewiew of the book in this noted magazine. Thank you!
And while you’re here, please consider purchasing a copy of the book. You can also get an autographed copy inscribed by the author. The book contains over 200 historical photographs as mentioned in the review - “ … Fort Myer includes over 200 timeless photographs. It is definitely worth a perusal.” You will also get a first time published note from Abraham Lincoln discovered during the two plus years of research.
Leave a comment
- John Michael on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- Happy 150th Ft. Myer, VA | A | I on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- Don Krapohl on Happy Birthday Fort Myer – Defending the Capital for 150 Years
- John Michael on When the US Army Moved by Horse
- Tina Garcia Slagle on When the US Army Moved by Horse